Above is last night on my 8 hour shift, and below is this morning. Instead of a selfie I figured I would share what my friend @flassman had to say: By @flassman “The current state of the Accident and Emergency department at Bustamante Hospital for Children. 80 patients were left to be seen at 6 O clock this morning from the previous day, patients getting through 18 hours after initial assessment, all in the name of free health care. I worked a 4 hour session yesterday evening from 4-8 and I was seeing patients that arrived at hospital the previous evening. There is space for 8 doctors in the department, the government will only pay for 6-7 and ppl are doctors are getting sick and are calling in sick constantly. All in the name of free health care. I just want to know, if it’s worth it? To have a workforce that’s overworked and yet still put under the microscope and ostracised for every misgiving that occurs due to their own institutionalised form of slavery. Forgive me for using that word so loosely, especially because we r able to earn a good, honest living, but.I wouldn’t let my worst enemy work under these deplorable and pressurised conditions. The government may try to obfuscate the facts of the very real situation by throwing the blame on the doctors, maligning us and calling for a review of the standards of our practice, but the truth remains that a serious dichotomy exists between the medicine practiced in various parts of the public sector and the public and private sector. I got an admission on the orthopaedic ward at 6 O clock this morning, that child was here from 10am yesterday. This is Jamaica folks, this is what should be on billboards, the truth that is faced every day, the various ways that the government manages to enslave and perpetuate the impoverished and grief-stricken amongst us. Anyway, I just work and give an opinion here and there. Peace folks.” via @PhotoRepost_app #ThisCyaanWork #Jamaica #StateOfAffairs #Freenis
#MEExposed: Just a few things I am over… -___-
1. People getting my name wrong: Mario Evon…It’s not that hard. It’s my 1st and middle name. No I didn’t forget the ‘s’ (Evons) or the ‘a’ (Evan) or the ‘a’ and the ‘s’ (Evans). If you actually read my email address, my website, hmmm and all of my social media, then you would have recognized that. Read, READ, READ DAMMIT!
2. Unprofessionalism: Yes I expect you to be on time. 15 minutes grace period is allowable. Yes if you want me for something I expect YOU to call ME. Don’t ask me to call you back…Yes my phone is prepaid, but the principle is that you need me. Communicate dammit! If you’re gonna be late, text me, call me…Just do something. I have a life and it is not being held ransom to yours.
3. Liars: If you can’t tell the truth then just don’t talk to me. The end.
4. Weight Gain: So you are telling me I have to work out all the time and eat clean…OK. I heard you, and can you stop head to toeing me cuz I said I go to the gym. No I don’t look like that Panda dude but I can out-cardio you and I’ll bet on it.
5. Being an adult: Oh another bill? Ah car insurance. Health insurance? Check. Oh so I need critical illness you think? Cuz I’m old right? So I could have a heart attack. Oh yes leaking roof. Oh you said the quote to fix that was J$300K…Thanks, but no thanks.
I’m Reggae-Soul Singer/Songwriter, Mario Evon, the eternal optimist, but today I smile through my eternal flat face…#OverIt.
By the sweat on my shirt you can tell I had a great time @gungowalkfestival. Special thanks to the #GWF team for all of their hard work, as they continue to build this really unique and great concept that showcases the talents of many local musicians that don’t fit into the box. I am grateful. Big up mi bandz #OtiennoColeman @miguel1guitar @grizzlebassy @fashiondrumz @jojoba_876 & #TiffanyThompson. Mi team @wayne_greezy @elvastic Luv unnu. All of your talent and spirits make it all that much more worth it! Of course to all who took the time to come out and see me perform. I appreciate it more than you know. Thanks @vennessah for this dope shot. Blessed love. #Music #ME #ReggaeSoul #Jamaica #TalentOverload
@GungoWalkFestival TODAY!!! I perform at 7:40pm on the Poinciana stage. Come out early and check out the many acts, dancers, poets on one of the 3 stages or other special areas. 10a-midnight. Students $500, Pre-sold $800, Gate $1000. Venue: Edna Manley College. @aelsean’s Armchair Rebelution with @waynemarsheezy @ikaya1soul & @direal_feluke happens from 10p-midnight and $1500 entry for this show gives you all access to the festival all day! #Alternative #Music #Arts #Festival #Kingston #Jamaica
#RehearsFlow for @gungowalkfestival tomorrow with di mad bands! #Otienno @miguel1guitar @grizzlebassy @fashiondrumz. Performance time 7:40p on the Poinciana stage at The Edna Manley College. Click on GW’s IG handle for more details. I’ll be doing your favourite originals and a new cover by a cool new British artist. Come out for an awesome day! #YouUsed2LoveMe #ReggaeSoul #ME #MarioEvon #Kingston #Jamaica #AlternativeMusic @djennegreaves and @drummazeb unnu ar missed but we still gonna do da damn thang!
Constantly reminded of my journey. There was a time I was afraid to sing alone; a time I dreamed of performing with a live band; a time I had never written or song. So never forget the ‘small’ things, because the ability to share your gift with even one person is a tremendous priceless blessing. Love what I do. Do what I love. Congrats @stagga51 & @shanstershan and thanks for having me as a part of your special day. What a beautiful day it was. #Wedding #Singer #Jamaica #Journey #Growth #Gratitide #OneLifeToLive #ME #ReggaeSoul #Artist #YeButtuMEHaveAProgrammeInHisBackPocket
#TBT The #Evolution of #ME. Baby through #HighSchool years. #1year #10years #11year #13years #15years #17years #GodReallyIsGood #BabyFatIsReal #SomePhasesCanBeSkipped #MonaPrep #CampionCollege #NoiDontWantToGoBackToThoseYears #25ForeverPlease? #AdultFatIsRealer #Jamaica #Throwback