Smile, you woke up 😀 In case you missed my interview and performances on @smilejamtvj, they are now online at http://televisionjamaica.com/Programmes/SmileJamaica.aspx/Videos/37031 (link in IG bio for ease if access on IG). #MarioEvon #Singer #Songwriter #Doctor #DebutAlbumComing #Kingston #Jamaica #Smile #ME
The Best of #MEExposed (2014)
Over the years I discovered my desire to express myself in text, and though tumblr has now become the garbage truck for Instagram pics instead of real blog posts, I decided I would compile some of what I thought were my better blog posts over the years. The choices are not based only on my feelings, but based on the fact that they were the most read by others. Thanks for your continued support, and enjoy this journey through my sometimes sick and twisted mind.
THE TOP 10:
BRAWTA (aka English translation of patois = Extra):
#MEExposed: 10 Things you didn’t know about M.E.
1. I didn’t wear braces.
2. I have moderate road rage, unless it’s Sunday. Sunday driving is allowed only on this day, otherwise Miss Daisy needs to pick it up.
3. I think I’m allergic to shellfish. Unconfirmed allergy, but I don’t mess with Shrimp or Lobster etc.
4. I only started wearing bright colours (excluding purple and yellow) maybe in the last 5 years of my life. Otherwise I was bonded to black, navy blue and anything called an earth tone.
5. I cook, but I don’t like cooking anything that takes longer than an hour. Prolonged kitchen time isn’t cool to me.
6. I dance…a lot. I go out to dance, not to socialize. If things were different I’d probably have been a dancer instead of a singer. My wife needs to dance. I hope my kids can too. Dance is life.
7. Want to piss me off? Give me bad customer service, or treat someone unfairly. My Libra scale doesn’t allow for it. It will get me upset very quickly. Otherwise I may appear to be one of the most even-keeled persons you know.
8. I almost only sing on a stage or when performing somewhere else. You know those singers who sing everywhere and at any chance they can get? I’m not one of them.
9. I don’t believe that Vitamin C shortens the duration of a viral illness. Rest and drink some water. Take some antihistamines and fever meds for comfort. It will go away in 5-7 days. Not everything in life we can prevent or have control of. I truly believe that.
10. I believe men must approach women always. It’s the law of the jungle. If you are a woman and a man is not all over you, then he may not be that into you, or not ready for you yet. Believe dat!
I am Reggae-Soul Singer, Mario Evon. Proud Jamaican and advocate for following your dreams. I’m doing great things for myself and only aspire to do more. This is M.E. Exposed. #MEExposed
John Legend: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert - Excess amount of ratings for this man!
I am speechless! In Peru. Have no NBC, and this has made it to YouTube already. Thanks YOUCHUUUBE!! Tessanne Chin is channeling emotion from a serious place. I seriously was near to shedding a tear, because as short as this performance was it again possessed such excellent use of melody, dynamic and range. With the experience and talent Tessanne has honed over the years, she really will be difficult to beat. #TeamTessanne. Really phenomenal!
Wendy Williams, Jennifer Hudson & many more congratulate Brandy on 20 Years in the industry. More on http://www.trueexclusives.com http://twitter.com/silentb…
I have only gone 5 years as Mario Evon, but I hope in 15 years to come I can sit back and relish in the beauty of this gift of music that life has given me. I am truly grateful for it. That aside I also grew up on some Brandy, and this reminded me of how much of a beast she is, and that I practically own all her albums. I didn’t realize the place she held in my musical heart, but I’m definitely a Brandy fan. She is an amazing singer and is always trying to be the best she can be. Thanks for 20 amazing years Brandy, you are def an inspiration to M.E.