The M.E. Year In Review 2011
No new year should begin without recalling the great and wonderful things that happened in the previous year. As we plan our future, and enjoy living in the moment, we must also cherish the beautiful and monumental memories of the past. In no particular order here are some of my highlights from 2011:
1. Made it to the Final Round of Amateur Night at the Apollo
2. Successfully Funded a Kickstarter Project to record my debut album, 'Reggae Soul Volume 1: M.E. On Love' - Set a goal of $6,000, and made $8,725 :D
4. Work with amazing artists like Rajdulari Barnes and the wonderful musicians in my personal band (Enrico, Serghio, Jonathan, Shane, Shawna & Simone); My GB band Downtown Fever (Jaclyn, Cara, Wade, Randy, Swift, Jon, Clynt and Trevor); Smax and Mel. I apologize if I accidentally left you out, but I love and appreciate you all.
6. Read some inspirational and life-changing books - ‘The Alchemist' (Paolo Coelho), 'The Five People You Meet in Heaven' (Mitch Albom), and 'The Surfer the saint and the CEO' (Robin Sharma).
7. Performed in Texas for NYE 2011 at the Gaylord Texan's $150/person ball. This was my 1st time working as a musician on NYE. Was cray!
8. Made it to the final audition rounds of X Factor 2011 in New Jersey
9. Made it to the final audition rounds of the Essence R&B Star competition 2011.
10. Performed at cool venues/events in NY and established cool new fans and friends :D - The Sugar Bar, The Studio at Webster Hall, the Highline Ballroom, Sullivan Hall, The Grace Jamaican Jerk Festival.
BONUS: Truly learning the purpose of my life, and that is to seek my passion, and then use it to help and inspire others, and to be the best M.E. I can possibly be. Live hard, love harder and respect and be present in the moment, because it is all we have.
I have been so blessed that I’m sure there were many more than 10 amazing things that happened to me in 2011, but 10 is a nice round number to leave you with. I’m looking forward to many more blessings in 2012 and I wish the same you to you all.